October 17, 2008

Cancer

I just found out today that my friend's mum has just been diagnosed. I'm not sure how serious it is but she has flown back home to be with her family.
They are the most amazing family. They are all hardcore Christians and have given up so much to serve God. Her dad is really ill as well so this must be such a major blow to them.
My friend just said that God's got everything in control and they are trusting in him with everything. I think that is so incredible. In the midst of such devastation they are holding on to God and not blaming him.
I hope that one day when I face a situation like this that my response will be the same.

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Follow me on Dailybooth